Whether you want to explore your talents or prepare for or advance your career in publishing, journalism, communications, teaching and more, Southern New Hampshire University can help you tell your story.
Online Bachelor’s Programs
• Communication (with a concentration in Professional Writing)
• Creative Writing (choose from concentrations in Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry and Screenwriting)
• English Language & Literature
Online Master’s Program
• English (includes traditional and nontraditional literary topics and courses)
• English & Creative Writing (choose from concentrations in Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry and Screenwriting)
SNHU is a traditional, nonprofit university and is fully accredited by:
• New England Association of Schools and Colleges
• New Hampshire Postsecondary Education Commission
• New Hampshire State Department of Education for Teacher Certification
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
SNHU has an 80-year history of providing programs for adult learners. A pioneer in higher education, we’ve been offering online degree programs since 1996.
Through our online undergraduate and graduate writing programs and our partnership with the New Hampshire Writers’ Project (based on our Manchester, NH, campus), SNHU offers a true writing community.
• Faculty are critically acclaimed, professional, published writers
• Complete course work online from anywhere, when it’s convenient for you
• Supportive faculty and advisors
• Transfer-friendly transfer up to 90 credits
• One of the most affordable private university tuition rates available
• A quality education from a traditional, nonprofit university
Faculty who teach in SNHU’s online writing programs reside all over the country and span genres. They are experienced writers and teachers who will help you find your voice.
Their published works include short stories, children’s books, novels, screenplays, poetry, magazine features and more.
To name a few:
• Paul Bellerive, winner of the Bay Area Poets’ Award and a PushCart Prize nominee
• Michael Brien, whose work has been showcased on National Public Radio and in regional and national magazines
• Anna Cates, winner of the 2009 Bards & Sages Writing Contest
• Jessica Gilpatrick, recipient of the Ludwig Vogelstein Foundation Grant
Whatever your genre of choice, you will receive the guidance and support you need to take your writing to the next level.